There are combinations that simply make sense. For example, making an ideal combination of vocational practice and theoretical knowledge. You can do it with us!
Dual studies at KMW
Combination of studies and practice
KMW has accumulated positive experience with dual courses of studies for many years. In them, we work together with many partners in higher education from the very beginning. The certificate is a Bachelor’s diploma; while a chamber of commerce certificate is also possible in some cooperative efforts. There are also many practical operations at the company. Numerous classes have successfully completed the programme and are now very well integrated in the company. The success proves we’re right: For instance, you are now working on high-responsibility tasks as a project engineer or department manager.
- Higher education entrance qualification / advanced technical college certificate with study-related advanced courses
- High level of technical interest
- Extremely motivated and committed
Dual study at the Munich site
Bachelor of Engineering (DHBW)
For several years now, secondary school graduates have been able to complete a course of studies at Baden-Württemberg Cooperative State University (DHBW) and immediately put theory into practice at the same time.
The DHBW course of studies lasts three years, half of which takes place at the Cooperative University, and half of which in practical training in the specialist departments. Together with our cooperative university partners, we offer annual slots in various educational directions.
Depending on demand, it may be the case that we do not offer training in all technical fields every year. We offer the following technical fields:
- Electrical engineering – vehicle electronics
- Mechanical engineering – design and development
- IT – information technology – network and software technology
- Industrial engineering - mechanical or electrical engineering
Dual study at the Kassel site
Intensive practical studies
In this programme, we combine Bachelor’s studies at the University of Kassel with vocational training recognised by the chamber of commerce and with practical operations at the company.
Courses of studies at the University of Kassel take approx. 4 years. The practical training at the company takes place between terms and during a practical semester. After 2 1/2 years of parallel vocational school lessons in separate and specifically coordinated classes, the final examination in the relevant vocation is at the Kassel-Marburg Chamber of Industry and Commerce.
We currently offer the following combinations:
- Industrial engineering (with specialty in mechanical or electrical engineering) and parallel training as an industrial business representative
- Mechanical engineering and parallel training as an industrial business representative
- Mechanical engineering and parallel training as a technical product designer
- Electrical engineering and parallel training as an industrial business representative
- Mechatronics and parallel training as an industrial business representative
- IT and parallel training as an industrial business representative
Vocational training starts on the 1st of September of each year, while studies commence in mid-October.
The studies are funded by a scholarship.
Your final examination mark should be at least “good”, since admission to several disciplines is limited by the university.
Have we aroused your interest?
Then please send your complete application documents by E-mail by no later than 31 December of the preceding year.
Krauss-Maffei Wegmann GmbH & Co. KG
0561 105 2240
jobs-kassel (at) kmweg.de